Friday 5 April 2013

Practicing doubles... Friday Game Day Freebie!


Hi!

My Friday Game Day post is actually on Saturday this week (oops!)... I have been completely out of whack this week after having a four day weekend... not that I'm complaining about it ;)

Today I thought I'd share a fun and easy game that I use to help reinforce the concept of doubles... one of those really important mental computation skills that littlies need.

Here is a free copy of the game boards :)

This game supports doubles to 12, but it would be easy to adjust for doubles to 20, by simply using a 1-10 die and adding the larger doubles numbers to the game board (I've included a blank one in the download in case you'd like to do this).


This game is best played in pairs or maybe threes - any more than that and it gets a bit tricky.
 
Each player will need different colour counters/tiles so they know which marshmallows they have covered. Player 1 rolls the die, doubles the number and then finds a marshmallow with that number on it and covers it. Player 2 then has a turn and so on. If a player can't make a move (because they can't find an uncovered marshmallow with the number they're looking for) they skip their turn. The winner is the person with the most number of marshmallows covered then the board is full.




Its part of my new Dice Fun... 15 games for Kindergarten pack that I'm so excited to have finished... if you'd like to check out the rest of the pack, you can have a squiz here

Have a great weekend... we are having some awesome sunny Autumn weather so I'm off to make the most of it!

 

 


1 comment:

  1. HI there!
    I love this game! It fits with our school adventure theme. I had to request access to download it. Just wanted you to know in case it happens with others. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete