Friday 12 April 2013

April Pinterest Linky


I know I'm not alone in spending hours 'researching and working' on Pinterest so I thought I'd link up with Diving into Learning to share some of the great ideas I've seen lately!

Firstly....This is a fantastic teaching tool for place value.... how tricky can it be using the MAB blocks when you're teaching the whole class?! These super-sized MAB's (pool noodles) are perfect!

Click here for the link
I just LOVE this blog post... some great ideas for role play in the early years classroom. How cute is this veggie patch?!
Click here for  the link
This 'Number Smash' game has so many possibilities... I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking of using it for number recognition and practicing skip counting with my little Receptions. I'll have labelled bags in a line and then call out two or three numbers in a sequence (say, 2, 4, ...) and then one of my kiddies will need to 'smash' (or stomp!) on the next number in the sequence. You could easily use it for bonds to ten, addition/subtraction... the list is endless!
Click here for the link
This nifty idea is perfect for visually representing the instructions for an activity. Ever feel like you are constantly repeating yourself? This could be the answer... ;)
Click here for the link
Lastly, a gorgeous Mother's Day activity. Seeing as it will be Mother's Day soon after we return from school holidays, I'm keeping this pin handy, ready to use with my class!
Click here for the link

I hope you've enjoyed these pins.... if you'd like to share your own, you can link up here.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love the veggie patch idea!

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries :)

    The veggie patch does look great doesn't it... the blogger said she had parent helpers who made it for her - lucky hey?!

    ReplyDelete